Who - Sponsors
Barbara Ahlgrim and Anthony Petersen
What - Statement of Purpose: Student Council - School and Community Events
Student Council offers individuals the opportunity to become leaders within their school and community. Interested 6th, 7thand 8th-grade students will apply through an open enrollment format this year just like last year. Paper Copy Applications are available in your homerooms, cafeteria, Pod 110G & Rm 312. You may also apply online - see your homeroom teacher for the link. All applications will be due on Friday, August 30th. Students can submit their online application, or they can give their completed paper application to Mrs. Ahlgrim or Mr. Petersen, or they can place their completed paper applications in the application box in the cafeteria. We look forward to a great year!
When/Where - General Meetings/Practice Information:
Weekly or bi-weekly sessions will be held on Mondays each week throughout the year. We will meet to plan and advertise for upcoming events, from 3:30 – 4:20 in Mrs. Ahlgrim's room, Pod 110G.
Why - Past Activities/Events//Projects:
Student council members led these activities throughout the school year:
- 6th grade Party
- 6th Grade Tour Guides for 5th-grade students
- 7th & 8th-grade dances
- Student Faculty Basketball game/Fundraiser for the Marsha Amerio Scholarship fund
- Student/Faculty Volleyball Game
- Student/Faculty Kickball Game
- Veterans Day Assembly
- Fundraising and Food Collecting for Others' Needs
- Toy and Book Drives
- Caroling to the Seniors at the Convalescent Home
- Daily pledge of allegiance and announcements
- Ushering for all Assemblies
Who: We hope YOU will join us to make this the best year at Churchville yet!